Support Modern Poetry in Translation
Did you know that MPT is a charity?
MPT has published the best world poetry in the best translations since 1965, and became a registered charity in England and Wales in 2008. We have always been dependent on public and private funding, and the current financial climate is extremely challenging for a small publically funded magazine like MPT. We also have many exciting opportunities to develop our work and reach wider audiences for world poetry which require additional funds.
MPT is a real jewel in the British literary landscape. There are no other magazines dedicated solely to poetry in translation and without us much important work would not reach an Anglophone audience. Our literary culture would be more parochial, narrower, impoverished without this quietly revolutionary magazine.
During this anniversary year we would like to ask our subscribers and supporters to help us secure the future of MPT for decades to come by making a donation to our 50th anniversary appeal and / or remembering MPT in your Will.
- Donate to our 50th anniversary appeal by clicking the 'donate' button beneath
- Find out more about leaving a gift in your Will
Thank you for considering supporting MPT in this way.
Donating online is an easy way to support MPT
• £5 pays for the digitisation of three poems from MPT's back catalogue
• £50 covers the cost of recording and producing a podcast
• £250 helps expand our education outreach work
• £2,000 pays for a poet to visit the UK for readings and festivals